Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

The Scratches at the Spinnin' Monkey Music Fest (Read 4857 times)

Styles2281

more
  • The Kat's Meow
  • It's not the heat, it's the inhumanity...
Instruments: none listed
The new group that I'm playing the MalletKAT in (The Scratches at www.thescratches.com) is playing at the Spinnin' Monkey Music Fest in Palmer, MA on 4/20.  The fest actually goes from 4/18 through 4/20.  Here's the site:
http://www.themonkeysoven.com/SpinninMonkey-MusicFest.html
A 1 day pass is $25.  A 3 day pass is $60.  (in advance, it costs more on the days of the shows)

If anyone is interested in a ticket to this, please PM me.

It'll be my first time playing out with the MalletKAT, so I'll be pretty nervous.  Apparently, though, the lead singer from Rusted Root will be playing the same day.

Thanks for your support!!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 08:34:32 AM by Styles2281 »

Styles2281

more
  • The Kat's Meow
Thank you!

I will see if my wife will video tape it.  We'll likely have our son in tow, so it might be difficult.

Also, how far along in the pregnancy?  Good luck with that.  I don't know if you have any already, but Parenthood is a BLAST!

Styles2281

more
  • The Kat's Meow
Alright.  Gig went pretty well today.  I'm hoping that after I learn the parts of their old music, the newer music will be a bit more mallet intensive (I'm playing just single line melodies right now.  We shot some video of it, so if it's good, I'll post one here. 

On an even BRIGHTER side, I did get someone coming up to me after the gig to find out what my "cool, crazy contraption" was.  Definitely seemed very interested in it, and I directed him to this site.

Anyways, I'll also post our future gigs here too. (They'll all be in the Western MA, North-south Central CT area)

I've got a couple coming up, so I'll post them soon.