Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

The Scratches at the Elevens on 27 April, Northhampton, MA (Read 4821 times)

Styles2281

more
  • The Kat's Meow
  • It's not the heat, it's the inhumanity...
Instruments: none listed
Hey guys,

My band, The Scratches, is playing at the Elevens in Northhampton, MA on 27 April, at 8:30.  As stated in the other thread, I play my MalletKAT (between Marimba and vibes) for this group.  This will be our second gig with this line-up.

If you have any questions about it, please email or pm me!

Styles2281

more
  • The Kat's Meow
Hey guys!

The gig wasn't as good (for me) as the spinning Monkey fest one.  I had a couple pieces that I still needed the music for, and realized that it's hard to read music in a dark bar (go figure), but otherwise played alright.  I even had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with an Alternate mode-ite! (Thanks by the way!).  I'm hoping that, now that I got some more time between gigs to get more music in the making, I can create some more mallet intensive parts, instead of the more simplistic parts I'm playing (Though, I was happy with my one solo I played). 

Our next gig, for anyone who cares, is May 21rst in Northhampton (originally at the starbucks, but now possibly at a pizza place).  When I know firmer details, I'll post a new thread with more info.  Hopefully, I'll get better video and play better than last night!

Styles2281

more
  • The Kat's Meow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvG6in04uY

This is the better one.  Bad lighting in both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nJyrdORGk&feature=related

This one is bad playing for me....Largely because I still have to WRITE a part to this piece and I'm just making up whatever for this gig (as I've been doing for a while)

Unfortunately the gentleman who took the video didn't put some of our BETTER pieces out on video, as there are where I'm playing much better.