Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

[TrapKAT-Kit] Natural Drum Kit layout (Read 21057 times)

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
Instruments: trapKAT
[TrapKAT-Kit] Natural Drum Kit layout
February 26, 2009, 02:24:23 PM
Here's a SysEx Kit dump for the TrapKAT 3.1.  It's designed to work with Natural Drum Kit (link in my sig; but the site was down when I posted) loaded into Native Instruments Kontakt 2 or 3.

Please note the .pdf extension should be amended to .syx before you try to work with it.

gmbydmit

more
  • KAT Diety
  • Go Ahead, make my millenium!
Instruments: trapKAT, malletKAT, drumKAT, DITI, jamKAT
#1 Re: [TrapKAT-Kit] Natural Drum Kit layout
August 15, 2009, 06:29:47 PM
I've recently acquired Battery 3 by NI (I think its way cool, some of it is kinda WAY out there, like RMX....movie sound effects) I would've sworn that I played somethig last night that I heard in the Fifth Element....
 :)

Anyway, you may (or may not) remember...I could never get NDK to work for me with Halion Player. But will it work in Battery 3? do you know? If so, the 3.1 dump you did might work for Battery if it worked for Kontakt....hopefully....?? right? ;D

your dorky pal across the water,

Timbo-gmby ;)

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
#2 Re: [TrapKAT-Kit] Natural Drum Kit layout
August 16, 2009, 04:46:43 AM
Will it work in Battery?  Well, if my memory serves me right, someone did do a Battery mapping of the kit -- I don't have a clue if the layout follows the original, though.  If it does, then the TK3.1 dump should "just work" (as they say)...  (What would be good is the guy at NDK getting the .nki files turned into Kontakt Player instruments and letting people use it with the now-free Kontakt Player; though I guess that NI charge for that...)

Good luck and happy drumming.

(My music PC's still DEAD - got a new PSU and the thing's leads to my SATA drives were too short! :o ::))

gmbydmit

more
  • KAT Diety
#3 Re: [TrapKAT-Kit] Natural Drum Kit layout
August 16, 2009, 08:32:12 AM
Here's a SysEx Kit dump for the TrapKAT 3.1.  It's designed to work with Natural Drum Kit (link in my sig; but the site was down when I posted) loaded into Native Instruments Kontakt 2 or 3.

Please note the .pdf extension should be amended to .syx before you try to work with it.

How do I change it to a .syx file?

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
#4 Re: [TrapKAT-Kit] Natural Drum Kit layout
August 16, 2009, 01:48:31 PM
Just rename it.

gmbydmit

more
  • KAT Diety
#5 Re: [TrapKAT-Kit] Natural Drum Kit layout
January 10, 2010, 11:28:04 PM
HEY PLJ!
Happy New Year!

I am revisiting this again, cuz looking around my evil lair I noticed the DVD case for NDK...and I'm pissed at myself for never getting it to work for me!
I have used a lot of various software with drum samples, but I've never used this one (NDK) and darn it, I paid for it, so I need to check it out...

Any clue as to how I get it (possibly) into (or within) Battery 3?

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
#6 Re: [TrapKAT-Kit] Natural Drum Kit layout
January 11, 2010, 02:37:07 AM
My understanding is Battery supports limited layers per kit piece and a limited number of kit pieces.  So the Kontakt mapping won't load into Battery.  You'd have to create your own.  Or get Kontakt.  I'd go for the later (well, I did!).

gmbydmit

more
  • KAT Diety
Hey Man!

yes, yes.....bringing THIS up again...

well, actually you did ;D - NDK -

I've got Komplete 7 now, I should be able to use NDK now right?

I know this is very vague, but is there any tips in regards to the install to get it to work properly (PC)?

Are you using it only in Kontakt?

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
In a word: yes!

Yes, you can use NDK with Kontakt from Komplete 7.

(Aside: when I got it, the kit had been saved from Kontakt 2 - the newer version of Kontakt will likely ask you to run a batch resave to update the files.  It's not a problem and is worth doing.)

Tips: Back when disks were smaller, I gave NDK it's own partition; nowadays I probably wouldn't bother.  But do put all your samples on their own physical disk, if you can - don't share the disk with programs, etc.  That does make for smoother running.

NDK I only use with Kontakt, yes - it's the only way I think you'll get the best out of the kit without putting in a lot of work.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:00:38 AM by pljones »

gmbydmit

more
  • KAT Diety
i will try and install tonight perhaps and let you know what happens..

I HAVE been having a ball with The Abbey Road samples that came with Komplete 7.....they sound so retro/raw - COOL!

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
That's the 60s kit and the one I have - which meant there's no point me upgrading to Komplete as I have both the bits I want already! :)  I'm still after a "Buy Two Get One Free" offer on the Abbey Road kits, so I pick up the other three.

rogerborg

more
Instruments: none listed
Just how do I change it up to a .syx file?

gmbydmit

more
  • KAT Diety

aliknight

more
i will try and install tonight maybe as well as tell you just what occurs..
I HAVE been having a ball alongside The Abbey Path samples which came with Komplete 7.....they seem so retro/raw - COOL!

aliknight

more
My understanding is Battery aids brief layers per kit portion along with a limited wide range of kit components.  So the Kontakt mapping won't load into Battery.  You'd have to create the own.  Or perhaps get Kontakt.  I'd go for the later on (well, I did!).