Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

[TrapKAT 3.1-Kit x2] Native Instruments Abbey Road 60s Drums (Read 7582 times)

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
Instruments: trapKAT
Native Instruments Abbey Road 60s Drums comprises "Early" and "Late" kits.  (Helpfully, the manual gets the layouts the wrong way around...)  I'm attaching a ZIP file containing two SysEx kit dumps for the TrapKAT 3.1, one for each kit.

I was hoping to use Aftertouch for cymbal choking -- but it seems a little inconsistent in how it works.  Anyway, it doesn't detract much from the kit.

I used TrapKAT cross-fading between "tip" and "edge" notes for the low crash and sizzle ride.  It works okay but maybe the "middle" feels a little "low".

Rename the PDF file to remove the ".pdf" and leave the ".zip", then extract the two .syx files.  (Yes, unfortunately, NI chose to lay the two kits out differently rather than deciding on a "fully populated" layout and then leaving out key zones that weren't used.)

Oh, and if you're thinking "What, no demo?" -- hopefully I'll get a good jam with both tomorrow and post one then.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:37:04 PM by pljones »

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
Instruments: trapKAT
OK, here's the demo.  Not great, sorry.  I fixed the mapping afterwards, though.  (The hi-hat splash was triggering the high tom, too!)

jim58wyat

more
Instruments: none listed
Hello pljones,its not bad.Thanks for sharing this information....