Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

[TrapKAT 3.1-Kit] Analogue Drums kit mapping (Read 8106 times)

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
Instruments: trapKAT
http://www.analoguedrums.com/ sample drum kits to analogue tape to give them that analogue recording feel.  They map them in their own sweet way, too.

The attached file -- really a .zip containing the .syx file -- is a mapping for the TrapKAT 3.1.  My preference has the ride cymbal on pad 10 and the low floor tom on pad 9, so that's what you get :).

Oh, and here's a demo.  Me on Analogue Drums' Rock Stock, manu on p-bass and Helio on occasional guitar.

spottyscotty

more
  • Extra Special KAT Poster
  • Nothing beats hitting rubber membranes repeatedly
Instruments: none listed
Very nice, Peter - well played. That kit's not too shabby for $25! I especially like the crashes you got there.

So do you prefer this to the NS-kit now?

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
Thanks! ;D

ns_kit7 is far, far more dynamic and expressive - but a different timbre.  Rock Stock has some very good sounds - and you can adjust the room/close mic balance.  I do like ns_kit7 because it sounds less processed, too...  But this is very playable and, as I've got the snare pack add-on, it's fairly adaptable.

Guess I was getting bored with the ns_kit7 sounds more than anything.  I must actually try the ns_kit7 brush kits, too, and see how playable they are.  I've got Native Instruments Abbey Road 60's Drum Kits in the post, too! :)

spottyscotty

more
  • Extra Special KAT Poster
  • Nothing beats hitting rubber membranes repeatedly
Instruments: none listed
I've got Native Instruments Abbey Road 60's Drum Kits in the post, too! :)
Cool!   8)  Be sure to update your Kontakt to v.4.1 for optimal performance ...
http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61845

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
Already done - shortly after buying the K4 upgrade at half price... :).

And I've done lots of batch re-saving...