Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

Can you HELP ORB GET ON STAGE @ North Coast Music Festival ? VOTE FOR ME ? (Read 11129 times)

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
  • It's katalicious.Go ahead & try one.You'll like it
Instruments: none listed
There is a contest I entered to play at this festival & it's vote in.  And you can vote once a day, Aug 2nd through Aug 15th.The top ten go up for an audition & one DJ & one band will get to play on the MAIN STAGE !

It's the North Coast Music Festival ,Labor Day weekend in Chicago. Here is the link to vote :

http://www.northcoastfestival.com/contests/artist_list.php?page=4

* The page # on the link may not always be correct. As the votes are tallied,the artists change pages.

Click on 'Orb Vroomer' , scroll down & click on 'vote for this artist'. It will send you an email for verification.

COME ON FORUM PEOPLE - PUT A DRUMKAT OUT ON A BIG STAGE. This festival has some jam bands , DJs  & more. Perfect for a DrumKat artist.

Thanks to all who take the time to vote. ( Don't forget - I NEED A VOTE EVERY DAY , until the 15th. ) one per day per computer connection.

Thanks,forum people.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:23:14 PM by Orb Vroomer »

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
 Maybe I'm an optimist , but I was thinking at least one person would say something ,or maybe say " hey I voted for you".

If anyone voted , thanks.  I know Tim voted & I think maybe plj ,too. Thanks to you guys. It's fast & easy to do.

Any & all help greatly appreciated.  ;)

pljones

more
  • KAT Diety
  • NINJAMmer
Instruments: trapKAT
I still don't know if my votes are registering.  I got the email through today.  But when I clicked the link, I didn't get the confirmation page - just a page with the background image on...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:07:00 PM by pljones »

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
Thanks , Peter. You know more the me about the ins & outs. Spam blocking or something like that ? I have no idea what's up.

Vkat

more
Orb,

Just saw this, and voted for you.  I'll try to remember to do it daily.
If you do get to go, be very careful.  It's a crap neighborhood.

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
Thanks, Vkat !   I suppose they will have the riff raff fenced out. So I guess be careful parking & all leading in. ( As a paying customer probably)    :( 
Tim is a dispatcher up there , so maybe he can give me some advice in street smarts or whatever.Or maybe we'll go to the festival together.

I'm falling behind, but vote anyway.Much appreciated.

;)

suavekeith

more
  • The Kat's Meow
  • DrumKat 3.8, DKFH Superior, DM5
Just saw this, my vote is in. Good luck Orb.

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
Thanks , Keith.  I'm way behind.....everything is a learning lesson. Verification of my lack of fan base, but I'm slowly building it. I'm getting some other RNation users as fans. I'm up to 67 fans on there ( wupp ) . Unfortunately, almost none nearby.It still helps,though.

On an unrelated note......I met a new techno artist from St. Louis on Facebook. She has a couple shows coming up in some of the only venues available for an act like 'orb'. So we are going to hook up for some shows. She said she would put a show together for us in September or October. I'll have video tape rolling  for sure. Get out of the basement studio for a change.
Got to get in shape.Or slow down. Last night I was wailing on my acoustic drums & after about 10 minutes I was huffing & puffing - a lot more physical than my DK rig.
It reminds me - some friends have a cover band - old geezers like me - but they only play once a month. They asked me to join , but I would have to rehearse on my own at least 3 days a week to stay in shape & it's just not worth it.  Yeah ,show up every month & knock out some Keith Moon & Bonham - NOT. Another group of friends has a WHO tribute band. When they held auditions - ONE GUY showed up. I'm thinking most drummers didn't have the ,er, guts to even answer that request. He's a geezer like me , just puts his head down & wails away.
They did a gig & played Quadraphenia - whole album in order.

I wonder what's going on with AM's contest ?

spottyscotty

more
  • Extra Special KAT Poster
  • Nothing beats hitting rubber membranes repeatedly
Maybe I'm an optimist , but I was thinking at least one person would say something ,or maybe say " hey I voted for you".
Hey, I voted for you.

Cheers,
Scott

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
Thanks Scotty .   ;D  You've restored my optimism. I see my votes as half the amount needed to win....NOT half the amount needed to lose.   :D

Don't forget to become a fan on Reverbnation, if you please. I won't spam you with junk mail. I'm #4 on my little local chart. I'd love to chant  : " I'M # 1...I'M # 1 !  At least for a day or two.   >>>> mini secret - I have a new sequencer song - "Fixin ta Blow"  & it has a mystery vocalist. First song I've uploaded with singing.<<<<

Here is the link. First song on the list.

http://www.reverbnation.com/orbvroomer

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
Should I delete this thread ? The contest is long over. I didn't get real far...but...

Thanks for the votes guys !  This show is next weekend, but I'm leaning away from heading to Chi town.

Michael S Quickenton

more
  • The Kat's Meow
  • Up the Irons
Sorry dude... by the time I saw it the voting was over. = (

Love your stuff though.

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
No biggie. & thanks,too. 
I'm just wondering if this thread needs to be viewed anymore ?  It's expired & kind of a waste of time & space.

spottyscotty

more
  • Extra Special KAT Poster
  • Nothing beats hitting rubber membranes repeatedly
No biggie. & thanks,too. 
I'm just wondering if this thread needs to be viewed anymore ?  It's expired & kind of a waste of time & space.
Nah, leave it up. Important historical reference. On the other hand, I'm getting a fair amount of follow-up emails from North Coast Music Festival though, so I certainly won't need reminding to vote for you next time!

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
OK ,Scotty. That makes sense.

I guess maybe you should put NCMF in your spam or block them. The concert is this weekend.Who needs it,until next year, if it is successful - this was the first try with this festival. It seems to be selling good. I'll leave mine in & watch them brag of the success - I think it's gonna fly.

Thanks for chiming in Scotty.   ;)