Alternate Mode Website

News:

PAS Day of Percussion (Read 4838 times)

drumlord

more
Instruments: none listed
PAS Day of Percussion
March 19, 2003, 07:21:27 PM
I'll be performing Prism by Keiko Abe on my four-octave MalletKAT this saturday, the 22nd of March at the University of Rhode Island's Recital Hall in the Fine Arts Center. The piece isn't particularly well suited to the MalletKAT, but my teacher came up with the idea because he wants a demonstration of some electric percussion, so I'm doing the best I can. It should be a good show.

At 1 pm, percussion ensembles from around the state are playing for about an hour or so. Then, there's a timpani masterclass by George Goneconto (sp?), the MalletKAT demonstration by me, I perform a Handel Concerto arranged for three marimbas, I do Prism, then URI's percussion ensemble performs Undercurrents, a great piece.

It should be a fun two hours or so. I also plan on having more MalletKAT gigs soon. This will be my first.

jameswalker

more
#1 Re:PAS Day of Percussion
March 20, 2003, 10:12:40 AM
Congrat's, Richard!  Let us know how it goes.

Is there any information available about the RI Day Of Percussion?  I went to the PAS Chapters pages, but there's no web site for the RI chapter.

Good luck,

Jim

drumlord

more
#2 Re:PAS Day of Percussion
March 20, 2003, 08:59:53 PM
I don't think there is any information online :(

I just know what we're doing this year and that we're going to be negotiating to get Dave Samuels for next year. If he came it would be a joined effort with Great Performances, which does our big concert series here.