Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

My Trapkat goes public (Read 5437 times)

Dave

more
Instruments: none listed
My Trapkat goes public
September 12, 2003, 04:54:11 PM
I'll be performing with my band tomorrow night (Sat. Sept 13th, 2003) using my TrapKat for our drum accompinament. It's not a big gig, just a show at our local Eagles lodge in Lebanon, IN.

It should be fun, I'm looking forward to it!  8)

bileduck

more
#1 Re:My Trapkat goes public
September 12, 2003, 06:26:07 PM
Winger, what style of music do you guys generally play?  How many different kits do you use in a single gig?  I am little North of you, (Lafayette) is this show open to the public?  I am not at all familiar with the Eagles lodge concept.  

Your setup looks terific and I covet your TD10.  I am saving my pennies to maybe get one or maybe an Alternate Mode Hypercube with Reason.
Well anyway, have a great show.

Dave

more
#2 Re:My Trapkat goes public
September 16, 2003, 12:06:07 AM
Oh, man, the show was great. Our 2nd song had the floor filled with people up dancing, and there was a number for dancers for about every song we played it seemed.

We play mostly 50s-70s rock & roll with a smatering of country tunes mixed in.

Our next gig at that location is November 22nd. Hope you can make it down, I'd be happy to show you the kit. We're also hoping to start taking in some addition gigs around central Indiana, so who knows, we may be up your way some day too!.

MustangMick

more
#3 Re:My Trapkat goes public
September 19, 2003, 07:19:33 AM
Winger,
you should look up my friend Tom Roady who lives near Lebanon,TN.
He's a studio percussionist in Nashville and gigs regularly on Zendrum and Handsonic.

I'm heading over to Nashville in Nov for PASIC,maybe you'll make it there. Hopefully bringing my Zendrum and ibook once I have ordered Reason.

Cheers
Mick

Dave

more
#4 Re:My Trapkat goes public
December 05, 2005, 05:03:16 PM
Since I first posted this, my band has been playing, on average, about once a month in public. I'm still using my Trapkat. On a couple of instances where I've sat down at an acoustic kit to acompany some friends, I've founc I've grown spoiled by my TK. It's really great to be able to heat what my fellow bandmates are playing and be able to do a better job of keeping myself and everyone else in time, because I can hear them. That's hard to do when the all the sounds of an acoustic kit are coming up at you while playing. I love my KAT!!! ;D