Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

Flecktones on Conan O'Brien - 17th Oct (Read 4966 times)

MustangMick

more
Instruments: none listed
Flecktones on Conan O'Brien - 17th Oct
October 16, 2003, 09:30:03 AM
I know this is not KAT related as such but
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones will be on Late Night with Conan O'Brien
on Friday October 17.

You'll see the Drumitar (and Zendrum hopefully) being played by Roy Wooten

Cheers
Mick

Stephen

more
  • Administrator
  • The Kat's Meow
  • AltMode Guy
  • I just can't think of anything to say.
Instruments: trapKAT, malletKAT, drumKAT, DITI, jamKAT
#1 Re:Flecktones on Conan O'Brien - 17th Oct
February 11, 2004, 01:02:41 AM
I know this is old news by now but that's actually more on topic than you think.  Alternate Mode will be selling the ZenDrum soon.  Stay tuned.

aleatoric

more
#2 Re:Flecktones on Conan O'Brien - 17th Oct
February 17, 2004, 05:45:24 PM
The zen drum design looks wierd.  Like I dont see how you could really get good rythms going on with it.  It just looks like a piece of wood with little triggers on it.

drumlord

more
#3 Re:Flecktones on Conan O'Brien - 17th Oct
February 18, 2004, 10:11:07 AM
Futureman's Drumitar is not only especially designed for his tastes, but its designed to be a replacement for a drum set, though ever since Drumitar v. 1 he's been using acoustic cymbals when needed. He now also uses acoustic drums when needed as well. The Zen Drum, as far as I can tell, was never designed to be a replacement for a drum set. It's sorta like its own thing. From what I've seen in videos, it's best for some handdrum style drumming, putting random effects on the pads, and doing some unique things. But you'll have a bitch of a time doing any kind of set drumming with it.

Personally, I would totally get a Zen Drum were I able to afford it. But since I can't, what I want to do is build a drumitar designed for me and what I want, but I have nowhere near the knowledge needed. I planned on asking this board if anybody could help me from afar :)   In the long run, it would be far more expensive than a Zen Drum I'm sure, but I'd only be building it piece by piece.