Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

split keyboard setup - step by step (Read 11988 times)

drumno5

more
  • Cool Kat
Instruments: none listed
split keyboard setup - step by step
July 10, 2017, 09:09:28 PM
Looking for help help with the procedure for a split keyboard setup on my MalletKat Express? I'd like to put solo timps (user kit 44) on the bottom and temple blocks (user 49) on top. I will then program the sound into a chain I will be using for an upcoming show.  I want to make fuller use of my KAT's capabilities, studying the manual, but it's not completely clear to me. Hoping for a step-by-step walkthrough from a kindly, experienced KAT here on the forum. Thanks in advance...

drumno5

more
  • Cool Kat
Found the instructional videos, getting a better feel for it. One question: how do I set the sound I want for controller @2? Also how to ensure that my split will be remain configured when I turn the KAT off/on? Just make sure memory protect is set to OFF , yes?

soundtextures

more
  • Cool Kat
Hi there,

when you switch to the controller 2, you can set the sound just the way you would do it on controller 1, eg. Sound, Volume etc.
Just press the EDIT switch and hit the D# on the high octave.

Does this help?

Tom

drumno5

more
  • Cool Kat
Yes, thanks for your help, I'm up and running. Also a shout-out to those guys on the Facebook Malletkat/Trapkat/SPD page who chimed in with helpful input.

bradfordwetmore

more
  • The Kat's Meow
#4 Re: split keyboard setup - step by step
August 21, 2017, 05:52:16 PM
Also a shout-out to those guys on the Facebook Malletkat/Trapkat/SPD page who chimed in with helpful input.

What is this page?

Thanks!

bradfordwetmore

more
  • The Kat's Meow
#5 Re: split keyboard setup - step by step
March 20, 2019, 07:19:27 PM
It the Facebook Group:  Malletkat/Trapkat/SPD/DTX Talk

https://www.facebook.com/groups/441114879610565/