Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

DITI Screens Don't Match the Manual or Videos (Read 2997 times)

510man

more
  • The Kat's Meow
Instruments: none listed
DITI Screens Don't Match the Manual or Videos
September 02, 2019, 07:15:03 PM
I'm trying to do the initial setup on my DITI. I've watched the videos and read the front end of the manual to get started. I stopped reading since my DITI doesn't boot to the default screen shown in the instructions. There are no sound module choices. It reads "JAMKAT/gigKA 01". Scrolling up and down does not display sound module choices. None of the buttons take me to a modules selection like is shown in the video and described in the manual.

Questions:
1) How do I get to the screens shown in the manual and videos so I can select a module? I'm starting with DTX900 since I suspect it's in the pick list already.
2) It appears I'm not suppose to plug triggers into the DITI before powering on and it senses teh plugging in and moves to edit mode accordingly. I didn't see that in the instructions. I plugged a FatPeadl (piezo) into the Kick input. I moved to 1A but my choice of pads were limited to two choices and pressing enter to select "trigger" resulted in no change.

Clearly, I'm doing something wrong.  :-)  Thanks for any help.

pacothetortuga

more
  • Cool Kat
  • twitter.com/pacothetortuga
Instruments: drumKAT, DITI, jamKAT
I had some similar issues when setting up the DITI, specifically regarding inconsistencies between the manual and what I was seeing in the DITI.

Unfortunately, this message board does not seem very active. And I don't know a better venue for asking basic questions.

I recommend finding a Windows machine and using the Visual Editor, which you can download from the DITI Downloads Page, to edit your kits. I've found editing via the tiny DITI screen to be time consuming, inefficient, and frustrating.

I've also found all the verbiage in the manual about "no need to train your triggers because we have a database" to be misleading at best. Eg, my ddrum piezo triggers are very common but there are no profiles. The manual says that if the database doesn't have a trigger profile, then you should use a standard piezo setting. But I couldn't for the life of me find any "standard piezo" setting among the options. Maybe you've had better luck since posting.

As much as I love the musical performance possibilities behind the DITI and JamKAT, it seems AM's support is subpar or at least informal. My day job is in research, so I'm used to working with tools that have little-to-no support. But if I didn't enjoy the parts about having to figure things out on my own, then DITI/JamKAT would not be worth the price (for me).

Also, you can probably safely ignore anything in the manual about the gigKAT (or "gigKA" in the DITI screen), because AM doesn't make those anymore. It's very strange (to me) that the DITI comes preloaded with preset kits for a module that you can no longer purchase.

gmbydmit

more
  • KAT Diety
  • Go Ahead, make my millenium!
Instruments: trapKAT, malletKAT, drumKAT, DITI, jamKAT
Yes, unfortunately the forum has been lacking in activity, sorry for the delayed responses...

gmbydmit

more
  • KAT Diety
  • Go Ahead, make my millenium!
Instruments: trapKAT, malletKAT, drumKAT, DITI, jamKAT
I'm trying to do the initial setup on my DITI. I've watched the videos and read the front end of the manual to get started. I stopped reading since my DITI doesn't boot to the default screen shown in the instructions. There are no sound module choices. It reads "JAMKAT/gigKA 01". Scrolling up and down does not display sound module choices. None of the buttons take me to a modules selection like is shown in the video and described in the manual.

When you first turn on your DITI....what version and date are shown on the screen?