Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

drumKat Hybrid connections with FTB (Read 3071 times)

Vkat

more
  • Cool Kat
Instruments: none listed
drumKat Hybrid connections with FTB
June 02, 2020, 06:51:01 PM
I haven't been here in quite a while, so was looking at all the new impressive AM products.
The "drumKat Hybrid" appears to be the newest version of drumKat, but lacking any electronics.

I have a few questions about how you can connect the dKat Hybrid to an FTB box.

1) Can this be done?
DrumKat Hybrid--> [HD15--cable--HD15] --> FTB --> HD15 to 6 stereo 1/4 male plugs BREAKOUT CABLE --> INPUTS of drum module/TMI

2) Same as above, but how about just using the 1/4" OUTPUT jacks of the FTB itself, instead of the special HD15 to 6 stereo male plug BREAKOUT CABLE ?
In other words:
DrumKat Hybrid -->[HD15--cable--HD15]--> FTB --> FTB's 1/4" OUTPUT jacks--> patch cords--> INPUTS of drum module/TMI ?

Thanks

MarioKAT

more
  • Administrator
  • KAT Diety
  • Don't ask me, I just own the place!
Hi
YES.  We have ordered special cables so that one wire connects the HybriKIT or jamKAT to the FTB, and then on the back, one cable from the FTB with a break out cable can connect to any drum module with trigger ins.

The HybriKIT / jamKAT can also connect directly to the DITI... with this it becomes the new generation drumKAT with of course MIDI out and tons of power and potential

Vkat

more
  • Cool Kat
Thank you Mario.
So the answer to question #1 is YES.

How about question #2 ?  Instead of the FTB output Breakout Cable, can the FTB 1/4" output jacks be used instead, to patch into module trigger ins?

gmbydmit

more
  • KAT Diety
  • Go Ahead, make my millenium!
Instruments: trapKAT, malletKAT, drumKAT, DITI, jamKAT
I was thinking about doing a live Youtube Demo with the FTB and a couple different pad/drums/modules set ups.....

anyone care to join in or just critique....? (as I am NOT an expert by a long shot)

I'm not saying anything, but I'm just sayin...

::)

Vkat

more
  • Cool Kat
Great idea.