Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

ReverbNation - check it out (Read 6662 times)

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
  • It's katalicious.Go ahead & try one.You'll like it
Instruments: none listed
ReverbNation - check it out
February 19, 2010, 06:51:34 PM
Hey Kat lovers,I'm sure some of you are hip to this site.It's free,it's cool,& it's easy to use. (I figured it out. :P ) You can also sell on iTunes on this site,for a small one - time fee.

I started a site 2 days ago.I'm dumping live club recordings of orb in there.Some titles are the same as my YT videos,but different versions - club audio VS studio audio/video. Completely different mixes,arrangements,etc. And ,some vocal - mic- synth - process - noodling.  No singing,though.  :-\

Here is my link :

http://www.reverbnation.com/orbvroomer

Stop by...have a listen....become an orb fan...BTW....friend me on Facebook...if you please.

Thanks.

spottyscotty

more
  • Extra Special KAT Poster
  • Nothing beats hitting rubber membranes repeatedly
#1 Re: ReverbNation - check it out
February 22, 2010, 01:56:48 AM
Excellent, Orb! Really very impressive: the site, your presentation, instrumentation and material. All 8 songs are great, even though I am much more of a rock-dinosaur myself... Having listened to your music at some length it's incredible, and all the more impressive to me, that you don't use any looping or sequencing.

Well done.

This short review was brought to you by the word 'krunkfunk'.

Cheers,
Scotty

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
#2 Re: ReverbNation - check it out
February 22, 2010, 04:13:56 PM
Thank you very much,Scotty.  :)  Believe it or not,I'm still a dino -katasaurus - rocker,too.Not as much on drums,but a lot of oldies on keys.

The only 'looping' I do use is a note on for a synth 'drone' , or an LFO on the sound.A slow LFO (wave) modulating the sound & you can get some movement going on behind the rhythm.Proteus has these 'BPM' patches - Beat Per Minute.So for midi,you can set the wave cycle to 1/16,1/8.1/4 note.(& more choices).So the wave cycle is locked on to the speed of the midi clock.Not really locked,but 'matched'.  Or,I use a time increment setting - matched to the tempo I play the song.Anybody who has those patches/features on their synth,should check those out.I also use some that randomly 'roam' around & have no relation to the tempo.It's fun to play along with - much more interesting than a metronome !  ;)

I put some questionable performances in there - some missed hits,not quite right mixes.That one song ,'Sinister Seven' , it has some wipe outs & just about completely crashes & burns.( hey Vince,we talked about that before.)Or maybe it only flies into the ditch ,keeps going,& pulls back into traffic.That particular song isn't quite complete on that version.

Yeah Scotty,I only have a couple 'funky' tunes.  More like 'Paradiddle - Krunkadelic'.  I can't find any standard category my music fits into.  ???

what,what...cheerio,    :D
orb  ::)

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
#3 Re: ReverbNation - check it out
August 10, 2010, 11:28:22 PM
Warning this topic....blah..Just kidding. Hey - Don't some of you guys have a ReverbNation site ? If you do, why don't you put the link up . I've been getting a few new fans.  Once you find other bands you like & 'fan' them, it put's you onto their site & it starts to 'web' out. I'll fan you.   ;)  Or just look around - tons of good music out there & lots of free downloads,too. It links to your videos ,too.

It's crazy out there. I've had rock,metal,electronica,rap & all sorts of people 'fan' me.And sometimes we get bands with tons of fans ,so a lot of others see you at the top of those lists until it knocks you back a page.     Not to mention - Dooooh ! Homer !       :o   - I'm finding some local bands to do some shows with.  Publish the band schedules on the site & so I saw some bands playing at the ( about ) 3 clubs that I thought I could get a gig. Plus , I was solicited by a little agency with only one little room here, but they have rooms in 23 cities.I read their promo & they seem to have it together. Promoter - NOT agent. The idea is to put a show together,hook up 3 or more bands that fit & they set the times & order.Under age & drinking rooms . Rather than one band playing a whole night of covers or a whole show, which is more like I used to do..... a while back.... :D

Working the way back up from the bottom of the barrel.
 ::)
WHERE IS EVERYBODY ?     ???   :-\

swh1015

more
#4 Re: ReverbNation - check it out
January 27, 2011, 09:53:53 PM
Hey Orb, I checked out the gamut of your online presence and am really fascinated by all the weird stuff you're doing! Very cool. I subbed you on youtube and liked your facebook... I do have a reverbnation account for my music, but I left it out in the cold a while back. Do you get to gig very often in MO?

Michael S Quickenton

more
  • The Kat's Meow
  • Up the Irons
#5 Re: ReverbNation - check it out
January 29, 2011, 11:38:07 AM

Orb Vroomer

more
  • KAT Diety
#6 Re: ReverbNation - check it out
February 02, 2011, 02:46:43 PM
Thanks for the sub, swh. I haven't added to my RN site lately ,either. Also check out Xiek's NBS on there.