Alternate Mode KAT Percussion Forum

Alternate Mode Website

News:

"It's not much to look at but you ROCK dude...!" (Read 6967 times)

PackDrummer

more
Instruments: none listed
The subject line is a typical fan's response to The Pack's new TrapKat enabled drummer.

I'm using the TrapKat on a portable Gibraltar rack system with 13 triggered, plastic cymbals. Setup time: less than 30 mins. Email me for pics and how I do it.

The Pack (classic rock) will be playing for another capacity crowd Friday evening, Oct 28th in Upland, CA. See web site for more details: www.thepackrocks.com

You gotta love the TrapKat if you want the ultimate in sound, portability and short setup times.  

DrumMan

more
  • The Kat's Meow
  • DrumMan-there can be only one!
Instruments: trapKAT, drumKAT
This is the most impressive digital rig I've seen to date.Very well thought out,easy to transport,and I'm sure a blastr to play on.DEFINITLY  the most playing choices for a MIDI Rig,I dig it!
on the cool 1--10,a 12+!
Peace,

Frank""DrumMan""Johnson
http://home.earthlink.net/~fj1958  8)

cjogo

more
I play with the KAt alone--one stand --very quick setup...MIDI cable to a Kurzweil --stereo out to the board >> way under 30 minutes.     The upper ridge pads ,  are more than enough cymbals,  for me  ;)

PackDrummer

more
Hi Cjogo,

I too used just the TrapKat with the "A" stand when I first got my TrapKat but the other guys in the band (and a lot of our fans) were wanting a more "traditional" acoustic look to my drum equipment :-\ so I compromised and put the thing on a wheeled rack with 12 triggered cymbals above the TrapKat. Like you, this gives me 36 different sounds... more than enough  ;D but it has ended the question of... "What the hell is that thing? ???"

Thanks for stopping by and posting your response.

Keith - The Pack's Drummer
www.thepackrocks.com

cjogo

more
The less it looks "conventional"..the more the crowd & band love it.  We get a larger crowd on breaks --approaching the beast.  ALso we can set-up/breakdown very  quickly ..and take up little space on stage  :D

Dave

more
I've been playing my TrapKat with my band for 3 or so years now. I always get the "What is that thing?" question, and I love telling people about it. I'm in pinch at the moment though, as I found my user kits gone last night at practice (factory kits still there though) and we've got a gig on Saturday. Resets did't work, the user kit names are even scrambled. Appears to be a main board, but Mario and Linda are my saviors, I talked with Linda this morning (and Mario through her) and a new board is on it's way via overnight delivery. Should give me a day to put it in and get my custom kits set back up.

This brings up my next idea, in that I should consider getting a 2nd unit to keep around for emergencies that could end up being even tighter. I've got a DK-10 for a backup, but after playing it last night I'd hate to have to go through a whole 4-hour show with it. And I do occasionally get behind an acoustic set still, and I find I'm really spoiled by my Trapkat, being albe to hear the rest of the band while we're playing. I don't think I'll EVER want to go back to acoustic, so a 2nd TK might be good insurance for the future.

KatBag

more
Pack Drummer (Upland),

I'm in Rancho Cucamonga!

I would like to hook up and exchange ideas.  Where are you playing next?  

I use the DrumKat (Alesis) as my live kit with real cymbals.  Also use the DK 10 - standby kit / TrapKat - home practice kit.  

Will